Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» ???.Mikie.Hara.??.720P
The New Role Play Format EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 1:44 pm by darwilea

» ??????????? 10???
The New Role Play Format EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 11:19 pm by darwilea

» %2520ripoux%25203
The New Role Play Format EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 9:25 am by darwilea

» Oxford English Grammar Course - Advanced With Answers
The New Role Play Format EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 11:22 am by darwilea

» Strange Poster
The New Role Play Format EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 5:20 pm by NeoPlayer

» Mikey new life and deck
The New Role Play Format EmptyMon May 07, 2012 9:33 pm by mikey knight

» talking ... Yarashi's new strong suit?
The New Role Play Format EmptyMon May 07, 2012 8:50 pm by yarashi kaminato

» A calm in the Storm
The New Role Play Format EmptyMon May 07, 2012 8:24 pm by SimionAchr

» Souls, Part 2
The New Role Play Format EmptySat May 05, 2012 1:15 pm by SoraUchiha20k

The New Role Play Format

Go down

The New Role Play Format Empty The New Role Play Format

Post by SoraUchiha20k Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:32 am

It has come to our attention that there is a bit of confusion over how people make their posts.
In order to end this confusion I have come up with a new format to which we will post.
Effective Immediately

Here it is:

1. When speaking a player MUST use quotation marks when his/her character speaks. This will keep us from confusing actions for dialog... MIKEY. this also includes placing a comma where the player indicates that his or her character spoke.

Example: "Hey Miu! How are you today?", asked Sora.
Example: Sora said,"Hey are you guys busy today? I could really use some help."

Incorrect Format would be: Sora walked up to the bad guy and said I won't let you beat that good guy up with a stick.

2. Thoughts must be placed in Italics. They do not include Quotation marks and only require normal punctuation such as periods commas and apostrophes. They must include indication that the character was thinking to themselves as well.

Example: I can't believe how pretty Seirei is! Thought Haru as he looked upon Seirei's face.
Example: Haru though to himself for a moment. How am I supposed to move this boulder without a crane?

Incorrect Format would be: Haru thought. I think it's going to be a great day today!

3. When entering a flash back a player must use Bold Lettering to indicate the transition from present day to flash back and vice versa.

Example: Zakikanoi's mind drifted off into a memory he had thought of. The setting is England where he visited the home of Cammy Sanford for summer vacation.
Example: The Setting returns to the current day where Zakikanoi is in the middle of dueling a vicious opponent!

Incorrect Format would be: The setting changed to a different dimension where Zakikanoi had been trapped in while dueling his late mother.

4. When inside a flash back a player must use Underlined lettering to describe what is going on as well as to describe Dialog. When thinking a player is expected to use italics still.

Example: "I wonder what Kyouki wants this time...",said Natsumi as she walked to the infirmary. She hadn't been on great terms with Kyouki so she was nervous. She opened the door and there he was holding a needle full of blood.
Example: She thought to herself as things went poorly in the duel around her. Why would they do this to me? She thought. She continued to duel however and emerged Victorious.

5. When role playing two different Characters in the same Post one is expected to use two different colors as an indicator of who is in action, speaking, thinking, or having a flash back.

Example: Sora looked up at Miu. Tears were in his eyes as he held a mortally wounded Naoto. "I'm Sorry Miu I couldn't save him...", he said softly as she fell to her knees.
After seeing her dying brother Miu began to cry and could not even speak... All she could do was cry.

The Administration and Moderation Staff is expecting this Format to be followed. Do not disappoint us please.

SoraUchiha20k
Admin

https://yvjda2.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down